Another common cause of weak airflow is that the blower hose has come loose, meaning that air is not passing through the evaporator into the cabin. There could also be a problem with one of the multiple seals in the system, which need to remain tightly closed to ensure air is able to pass through.
Why is my AC vents not blowing hard?
Problems like a fan clogged with dirt, a dead motor, a loose fan belt or a stuck wheel can all cause your blower to not work properly. These problems can keep the blower fan from blowing enough air out of your vents to keep you cool. Your evaporator coil needs air to blow over it to complete your AC’s cooling process.
Why is my AC not blowing cold air upstairs?
Check for blocked or dirty registers. If they’re blocked by furniture or have dust and debris in them, it can affect air flow. You can vacuum them with an attachment loosen and remove dirt. Closing some vents on the first floor can help you redirect air for better circulation on the second (and beyond) floor.
Why is my air conditioner running but not cooling the house?
Condenser Unit is Blocked
If your air conditioner is running, but not lowering temperatures inside, one issue could be a blocked or clogged condenser coil. When operating correctly, the condenser fan draws air into the outdoor unit through the condenser coil to pull heat energy out of your home.
How do I fix my AC not blowing air?
Troubleshooting your aircon if not blowing cold air
- Make Sure The Thermostat Is Set To Cool. On most occasions, you do need to exert yourself much to fix an aircon that is not blowing cool air. …
- Inspect Circuit Breaker Box. …
- Clean Dirty Aircon Filters. …
- Check If There’s Ice Build-Up In The Aircon.
What happens if there is not enough return air?
If there is not enough return air available, your HVAC system will not heat or cool properly. … If not enough air is brought back, your HVAC system will not be able to keep up with temperature demands. In some cases, two returns may be necessary to provide enough return air.
How can I make my AC colder?
How You Can Make Your Air Conditioner Colder
- Spray down the unit: Take a few minutes every other week to spray down the condenser unit. …
- Change your filters: You might ask how you can make your air conditioner colder without spending a lot; one simple but highly effective way is replacing air filters when they get dirty.